Mobile Systems Intelligence Demo
3 videos in less than 3 minutes
Video 1: Demonstrates how the MSI User Reporting Tool empowers the mobile worker to provide feedback about their experience that triggers an alert and automatic analysis.
Video 2: A schematic of the end-to-end mobile system helps visualize the automated MSI analysis of each system’s response to user input by the core software, the Connect Virtual Appliance (CVA). An example bottleneck on the host system along with the true user wait time is reported customer interface in real-time.
Video 3: The MSI Portal is the partner and customer interface for real-time posting of user alerts and performance metrics as well as updates on detailed analytics such as root cause analysis for specific user alerts. See next section for a walk through of the MSI Portal.
1 – Capture of User’s Experience
This video has sound. Control sound and select full-screen view in lower right corner.
2 – Real-time anomaly detection and analysis
This video does not have sound.
3 – Access to real-time stats and diagnostic reporting
This video does not have sound.
Explore MSI Metrics in the demo MSI Portal
An MSI Portal in demonstration mode can be found here. It runs a work day simulation of real-time data collection and updates monitoring three sites with active mobile users throughout the day.
There are three views in the MSI Portal.
- Production View – Focused on information that an operational focused person needs on hand. By default the view shows real-time stats on the home page. Within this portal, use select view drop down menu to view:
- Current Alerts – Real-time list of the user alerts and threshold alerts. The summary report button will display the previous day’s reports and associated MSI review status. The DR# listed indicates the diagnostic report (DR) that the user report is associated with (see IT OPS view).
- Monthly Metrics – Graphical snapshot of previous months analytics of average wait time users experience and the associated average system latency. To the right a new drop down gives options for curated metrics:
- Latency by day
- Latencies by IP address
- IT Ops View – The home view is the current alerts described above. In the drop down select Diagnostic Reports to see the posted analysis for action.
- Trends Analysis – Monthly summaries of average user wait times, interruption rates, and resolutions of diagnostic reports.
For questions about architecture, implementation requirements, redundancy and security, or pricing please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are there software agents on the mobile user device or on the application servers?
No agents are utilized. The user report uses another method via the device browser. The monitoring and analysis software sits in the customer network, similar to the way a network proxy would be set-up.
Who or what analyzes the user report?
The Connect Virtual Appliance (CVA) automates the analysis of the “conversation” or transactional data transfer between the user’s mobile device and the back-end host system across wired and wireless networks. This analysis provides the primary diagnosis and associated data to the MSI analyst who puts the data in context and can formulate corrective action recommendation.
What is the turnaround time for a user report triggered analysis?
Within the same working day as the alert. The alerts, review status, and diagnosis are tracked in the MSI Portal.
Is this service “always-on” and is it feasible for scale, e.g. 100’s of sites with 10,000’s of devices?
The software is always-on and the data is always accessible via the user interface. The solution was built for scalability and volume by utilizing virtualization and a secure support method for real-time anomaly detection and alerting.